The Liberal Studies Department has a deep-rooted conviction to develop and nurture each L.S. student to be a humane individual who empathises and lives harmoniously with others, acts impartially and with a sense of responsibility and proportion, exercises effective and responsible decision making skills in this interconnected and ever-changing global community.
- to develop a sound understanding of key concepts, value systems and beliefs that shape the development of society
- to develop an understanding of the inter-connectedness of the different layers of society
- to learn from the experiences of others in managing a multi-dimensional society, so as to understand better the efforts taken to build and sustain a politically viable, socially cohesive, environmentally sound, culturally diverse and economically vibrant Hong Kong
- to develop an interest and a sense of curiosity regarding the many interdependent spheres in which we live
- to develop social conscience and a sense of responsibility with respect to community-spiritedness, and become active citizens of a globally interdependent community
- to master the most fundamental intellectual skills and concepts to reason and speak competently on different issues relating to our community and the world at large